These are the terms and conditions that you must agree to before embarking on your holiday cruise. You will be required to sign a Hirers contract before departure. Please read the terms and conditions prior to signing.
- Security Bond: A security bond of $500.00 for each vessel is required to secure your booking and must be paid in full to secure your booking. This can be deposited via electronic banking. This will be refunded upon return, less excess fuel, any relevant deductions for loss or damage. Fuel is charged at $25-30 per motoring hour for Houseboats and $30 per tank for runabouts
- Payment: The balance of the total hire charge must be paid on or before the day of your departure. Credit cards are accepted: Visa, Bankcard, MasterCard, Eftpos
- Cancellations received 30 days prior departure date: Cancellations received less than 30 days or less prior to departure date will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the bond. Or you can opt to rebook dates
- Cancellations received 7 days prior departure date: Cancellations received less than 7 days prior to departure date will loose the total security deposit, or you can opt to rebook dates.
- Insurance: All boats are fully insured under a marine policy
- Hire Times: DEPARTURE AND ARRIVAL TIMES will be pre-discussed and booked with staff at Boatshed One and must be strictly adhered to and may incur a charge if times are changed without 24hrs notice by phone. Departure time is the time the boat leaves the wharf after you have loaded ALL your supplies. You cannot book a departure time, load the boat then go shopping
- Fuel: A fee of $25.00-$30 per motoring hour applies to cover the cost of fuel
- Wharf rules: You cannot motor back to the boatshed at anytime. During your trip you may dock at the Boatshed during business hours in a run about only. This is why we advise you to bring your own runabout or hire one at the time of your booking. It is the responsibility of the hirer (s) to be aware of the fuel in both vessels and if the tanks are getting low to drive the runabout to the Boatshed for refuelling. A minimum call out fee of $100.00 for customers requiring fuel after hours will be applicable. Your arrival time at the end of your trip must be discussed and pre-arranged before the start of your vacation. All hirer (s) of the houseboats MUST contact the Boatshed at least 2 hours prior to docking at the wharf to unload and disembark from your vacation IF your arrival time at the end of your holiday changes
- Rubbish: It is the responsibility of the HIRER (S) to remove ALL rubbish and waste accumulated during your trip aboard the houseboat in a safe and responsible manner and may not be thrown overboard at any time. All rubbish must be removed upon final disembarkment of your trip and any rubbish or waste left behind will incur a minimum fee of $60 dollars which will be deducted from your security bond. Unfortunately our facility cannot dispose of large amounts of waste. HINT: Seperating waste from recycled products will minimise your waste and make it easier to dispose of
- Beaching of vessel: A: All hirer (s) must take great care when hiring and driving a water vessel. It is the responsibility of the hirer (s) to ALWAYS monitor weather and tidal conditions. If your houseboat becomes beached you will be required to inform the owner immediately. Staff at Boatshed Number 1 will not always be able to physically come to your assistance when the houseboat becomes beached as there is very little to do other than wait for the changing tides and/or weather. This could be in the middle of the night. If the vessel becomes beached the HIRER (S) must monitor and NOT leave the vessel until the tide had shifted and responsibly start the engines and motor to a secure and appropriate positionIf the houseboat becomes beached and is put into a position whereby it cannot be removed by the tides, your bond will be kept in full and if a second party is required for extraction an extra fee will be issued. If you end your houseboat trip and the vessel is left beached a minimum fee of $250 from your bond will be incurred
Contact and emergency numbers are located in the houseboat manual and must be used responsibly. These numbers are for use in the appropriate emergency, common sense must be used
- Age: At least 1 person per group must be over the age of 21
- Pets: by prior approval only
- The Letting: The letting is made on the understanding that the boat is placed at the disposal of the hirer on the date booked unless the management is prevented from doing so by mechanical breakdown or unforeseen circumstances. In this case all monies paid will be refunded in full. However, the hirer shall have no claim on any account against the management
- Restrictions: You have full access to Wallis Lake (strictly no access permitted beyond the Forster/Tuncurry bridge) No FIREARMS, DRUGS OR DANGEROUS GOODS allowed on board at any time